Atlanta, along with the surrounding areas of Georgia, has evolved to become the epicenter of a growing segment of the financial services industry – a sector known as Financial Technology, or FinTech. This sector encompasses the product and service companies that support the technology needs of the financial services industry and, ultimately, the payment-processing infrastructure of the economy. Georgia FinTech companies generate annual revenue of more than $72 billion, placing the state third in the nation, behind only New York and California. Together, the banking, insurance, and capital markets consistently spend more on technology than any other industry grouping.
Did you know…
- Georgia FinTech companies generate annual revenues of more than $72 billion, placing us third in the natio behind only New York and California?
- Roughly 100 FinTech companies are headquartered or have significant presence in Georgia? (Click here to view an interactive map of Georgia’s FinTech companies)
- Six of the ten largest US payment processing firms are Georgia-based?
- Georgia FinTech organizations employ more than 30,000 professionals in the state and over 130,000 globally?
- Georgia FinTech companies process over 118 billion transactions per year representing over $2 trillion of purchase volume each year, supporting nearly 4 million merchants?